Finished translation was saved with wrong language comincation
Thread poster: Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Ireland
German to English
Mar 28, 2016

Hello,

I am having a problem and am hoping someone can help me. I translated a file in wordfast and at the end saved it "save translated file" as a Word document. The problem is it is saved as DE-DE so I had German accidentally set as the target language instead of English. Now my spell check in MS Word does not work properly, it does not find wrongly spelled English words, and when I try to change the language to English, it automatically puts it back to German. How do I change the
... See more
Hello,

I am having a problem and am hoping someone can help me. I translated a file in wordfast and at the end saved it "save translated file" as a Word document. The problem is it is saved as DE-DE so I had German accidentally set as the target language instead of English. Now my spell check in MS Word does not work properly, it does not find wrongly spelled English words, and when I try to change the language to English, it automatically puts it back to German. How do I change the anguage of my saved translation so I can spell check it for English spelling errors?

Thank you!
Collapse

Jenae Spry
Jenae Spry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:52
French to English
Disable auto detect Mar 29, 2016

When you open the language window, there should be a box checked that says detect language automatically. Disable that feature for your document so that it will not change the language on you. Once you've set the language for the entire document and disabled this feature, you should be able to run spell check.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 18:52
Spanish to English
+ ...
Horses for courses Mar 29, 2016

Get a native English-speaking colleague to check it for you.

Markus Heinrich
Markus Heinrich
Ireland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 2, 2016

I will try to disable auto detect. And get a friend to proofread in case that does not work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Finished translation was saved with wrong language comincation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »