The requested task could not be completed or an operation failed, but you can safely....
Thread poster: Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:39
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
May 26, 2021

Hi.

I am working on server with a very important project and a tight delivery.
This morning, suddenly, I cannot open my project, cannot import project from a memoQ folder, cannot close memoQ because of this same error.
I have to manually close the program.

Retry again and again but nothis happens.

Help help help.
Memoq 9.5

Thank you

Susanna Martoni
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The message May 26, 2021

is the following (I also asked the memoQ support and I am waiting for a solution)

TYPE:
System.Exception

Tab page index of tab to be closed is -1, or DocumentControl is null

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.MainWindowManager.CloseTab(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.MainWindowManager.OnCloseDocument(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
... See more
is the following (I also asked the memoQ support and I am waiting for a solution)

TYPE:
System.Exception

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.MainWindowManager.CloseTab(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.MainWindowManager.OnCloseDocument(Document document, Boolean closeApp)
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.closeProjectRelatedDocsAndProject()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.TryCloseCurrentlyOpenProject(Boolean askForConfirmation)
at MemoQ.MainWindow.MainWindow_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at MemoQ.MainWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
Susanna, I have same problem Aug 8, 2022

Susanna Martoni wrote:

TYPE:
System.Exception

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Controls

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.closeProjectRelatedDocsAndProject()
at MemoQ.Application.MemoQApp.TryCloseCurrentlyOpenProject(Boolean askForConfirmation)
at MemoQ.MainWindow.MainWindow_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at DevExpress.XtraEditors.XtraForm.WndProc(Message& msg)
at MemoQ.MainWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

How did you solve the problem ?

Susanna Martoni
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
memoQ support Aug 8, 2022

Hi Angel and thanks for asking.

I contacted the memoQ support and could solve by the following procedure (after having entered the error messages in their Help resource; there are several messages like this, so I have tried the following solution, which finally worked):

*********************************************************************************************************

Description: Opening a project in memoQ throws an error, and the project does
... See more
Hi Angel and thanks for asking.

I contacted the memoQ support and could solve by the following procedure (after having entered the error messages in their Help resource; there are several messages like this, so I have tried the following solution, which finally worked):

*********************************************************************************************************

Description: Opening a project in memoQ throws an error, and the project does not open.

FIX: If the error message is the same as the one below, it means that some of the XML files corresponding with the project are corrupt. Deleting the "Monolingualreview.XML" and "TermExtract.XML" files from the project's folder will allow you to open the project again.

- Go to "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My memoQ projects".

- Locate the folder of the project that you last worked on.

- Delete the above mentioned xml files from it.

- Start memoQ and check if the issue is still present.

Example error message:

TYPE:

System.InvalidOperationException

There is an error in XML document (0, 0).

SOURCE:

System.Xml

CALL STACK:

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)

at Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML(Type objType, String filePath)

at Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeXML[ObjectType](String filePath)

at MemoQ.MonolingualReview.MonolingualReviewSessionsManager.LoadProjectMRInfo(String projectDirectory)

at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.OnOpenDocument(Object openParam)

at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.c__DisplayClass14_0.b__0()

at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.executeFromOpenErrorHandlingBlock(Func`1 func, Object openParam)

------------------ Inner exception ------------------

TYPE:

System.Xml.XmlException

Root element is missing.

SOURCE:

System.Xml

CALL STACK:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMRProjectInfo.Read6_MRProjectInfo()
Collapse

Elizabeth Rudin
Elizabeth Rudin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:39
Member (2005)
Hungarian to English
+ ...
Thank you! Nov 11, 2022

Hi Susanna,
Thank your posting the solution you were given by memoQ Support. I had a similar problem yesterday (same error message) and deleting those two files worked for me too (memoQ 9.12). It saved me time - I didn't need to contact Support. Thank you so much for making time to post it here!

Susanna Martoni
Orly Benun

Vinicius Vieira
Vinicius Vieira
Brazil
Local time: 03:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you! Dec 19, 2022

Thanks! It works!

Susanna Martoni

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The requested task could not be completed or an operation failed, but you can safely....

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »