Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 29

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:19
Member (2007)
uit Engels in Portugees
+ ...
Hybrid Sep 29

First of all, these days, I’d love to have to manage multiple projects at the same time. Some time ago, when that was the norm, I would first of all break large projects down into sections to be completed each day. After that, I would tackle whatever was most urgent.

Angie Garbarino
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 12:19
Member (2009)
uit Engels in Duits
+ ...
Urgency has priority Sep 29

Which ever project is the most urgent one will be completed first. If there is no urgency such as deadlines, I just work on the one that suits me best first, then let the others follow.

 
Geddy Sokolowsky
Geddy Sokolowsky
Brasilië
Local time: 07:19
Member (Sep 2026)
uit Engels in Portugees
+ ...
Order by deadline Sep 29

I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can... See more
I try to order my tasks by deadline, which means the most urgent ones come first. I personally prefer to focus on one job at a time so I don't lose my groove, but of course that's not always possible. Sometimes a task with a shorter deadline comes up while I'm still working on a larger one, and it takes priority. Having more than one big project at a given time is a bit scarier, but breaking them down into sections alleviates that, especially when you already have a good idea of how long you can take with each. ▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your main time-management style as a translator or interpreter?






Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »