Arben Seva
Arben Seva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:23
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

I have a small doc file in greek made in PC but the client uses Mac and he doesn't have greek fonts installed. Any idea how to send him the file? i suggested pdf file from where he can copy paste the text but he says he is not able to do that. Any idea will help. Thanks in advance.

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Germany
Local time: 16:23
German to English
+ ...
Character coding conversion Jul 24, 2003

Hello,

you have to convert the character coding. There are a tool from URW ++ (www.urwpp.de) named convertex, which can do this.

Hans

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Germany
Local time: 16:23
German to English
+ ...
greek fonts on mac Jul 24, 2003

Hello,

and don't forget, that your client needs a greek fonts on his mac

Hans

Maria Nicholas (X)
Maria Nicholas (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:23
Greek to English
+ ...
Needs to install Greek fonts/keyboard for Mac Jul 25, 2003

Hi,

As a Greek-American freelance translator and avid Mac user, this topic has caused me a lot of frustration over the years.

The bottom line is this: Macintoshes do not have a Greek language system built in like the PC does. Therefore, the user will definitely need to install Greek fonts and, preferably, a Greek keyboard system to view the document. (BTW, web pages cannot be viewed without the proper
... See more
Hi,

As a Greek-American freelance translator and avid Mac user, this topic has caused me a lot of frustration over the years.

The bottom line is this: Macintoshes do not have a Greek language system built in like the PC does. Therefore, the user will definitely need to install Greek fonts and, preferably, a Greek keyboard system to view the document. (BTW, web pages cannot be viewed without the proper fonts either.)

The following site is an excellent resource:

http://www.hri.org/fonts/mac/

Hope this helps!

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I tell my client (using a Mac) to view Greek fonts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »