MS Word: can I set up spelling + grammar checks for two languages (eng, fra)?
Thread poster: erudite (X)
erudite (X)
erudite (X)
Local time: 15:41
French to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2003

Hello, I frequently use Word to produce both English and French documents. Can I have a spelling and grammar check for each language set up to work automatically? I have the UK English version set up already.
Confused? I am.
Thanks,
Rachel

Doru Voin
Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 17:41
English to Romanian
+ ...
F7 Aug 11, 2003

This is the shortcut key for launching Spell and Grammar Check in Word.
However, you must have mentioned already the language for each of you paragraphs. The spellcheck starts with your first para (say English) and goes on to the second (that might be French) using the corresponding glossaries.

Regards,
Doru

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
Different languages Aug 11, 2003

Yes, you can have different languages. First, you install the different languages (I have English, Dutch and Spanish). Next, you define styles (i.e. Normal Dutch, Normal Spanish and Normal English) in which you have set the language to the relevant option. Apply the style to your paragraphs and you can spell check in the different languages (Word will do it automatically).

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 17:41
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
You can set spelling for different languages Aug 11, 2003

in the document by marking (highlithing) the text in one language and in Tools>Language>Set Language marking it as eg., French, and after that doing the same for other language sections, marking them as other language, all in the same Word document.

Uldis

[Edited at 2003-08-11 20:14]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word: can I set up spelling + grammar checks for two languages (eng, fra)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »