constantly have to reload pages today
Thread poster: Rachel Vanarsdall
Rachel Vanarsdall
Rachel Vanarsdall  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:07
Member (2004)
French to English
Mar 5, 2003

Yesterday afternoon when I checked the Proz questions and forum pages, it appeared that nothing new had been posted in several hours. I assumed that Proz was down so I quit checking. I checked again this morning and I was seeing the same old pages - the top questions on the Kudoz questions pages were the same as I had seen yesterday, there appeared to be no new activity in the discussion forums, etc. I tried reloading on one of the question pages and sure enough a long string of new questions... See more
Yesterday afternoon when I checked the Proz questions and forum pages, it appeared that nothing new had been posted in several hours. I assumed that Proz was down so I quit checking. I checked again this morning and I was seeing the same old pages - the top questions on the Kudoz questions pages were the same as I had seen yesterday, there appeared to be no new activity in the discussion forums, etc. I tried reloading on one of the question pages and sure enough a long string of new questions appeared. But I now appear to have to reload every page I go to - does this have something to do with my cache settings? I use netscape, btw

Any advice appreciated - thanks

Rachel
Collapse

Matthew Coulson
Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
It most likely is your cache but is could also be your cookies Mar 7, 2003

I am not sure what the ProZ staff is imbedding in their cookies but some sites use cookies to indicate when you were here last to determine what content expires. If this is the case flushing out the cookies should do. If it is a cache issue just flush out your cache, or make it so you store less data in your cache.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

constantly have to reload pages today

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »