Duplicated Questions and Offers
Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Mar 17, 2003

I wish to bring to the attention of our staff that I have been receiving duplicated KudoZ questions and duplicated jobs offers.

So far, I have received 24 messages, which are cluttering up my inbox.

Thank you for your help.

**Sandra

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:49
English to German
+ ...
Error by job poster Mar 17, 2003

Hi Sandra,

No doubt you\'re referring to a job (\"Seeking translators for Christian/Protestant webpage...\") which was, unfortunately, posted about a dozen times - moderators have immediately closed the duplicates, but of course that was too late to stop the resulting flood of e-mails. I have contacted the outsourcer myself and pointed out what went wrong. If that was indeed the source of your problem, it was a \"user-centric bug\", so to speak, not a site malfunction.

... See more
Hi Sandra,

No doubt you\'re referring to a job (\"Seeking translators for Christian/Protestant webpage...\") which was, unfortunately, posted about a dozen times - moderators have immediately closed the duplicates, but of course that was too late to stop the resulting flood of e-mails. I have contacted the outsourcer myself and pointed out what went wrong. If that was indeed the source of your problem, it was a \"user-centric bug\", so to speak, not a site malfunction.

Regarding duplicated KudoZ question, maybe it\'s a good idea to contact the moderator of the language pair concerned; maybe someone entered duplicates there, too.

On a more general note, it\'s probably a better idea to post any suspected site problems as a Support Request and/or in the \"ProZ.com Tech Support\" or \"ProZ.com bugs\" forums.

HTH - best regards, Ralf
Collapse

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Precision Mar 18, 2003

Thank you Ralf for your input.

I have noticed the problem mostly for HC KudoZ questions that have been repeated in my inbox. I don\'t know how widespread the inconvenience is in other languages.

I have also double checked: the askers did not repeat their questions. I\'m assuming then this might have a technical cause until ProZ Tech Support clarifies the situation or investigates the root cause of it.

Regards, ...
See more
Thank you Ralf for your input.

I have noticed the problem mostly for HC KudoZ questions that have been repeated in my inbox. I don\'t know how widespread the inconvenience is in other languages.

I have also double checked: the askers did not repeat their questions. I\'m assuming then this might have a technical cause until ProZ Tech Support clarifies the situation or investigates the root cause of it.

Regards,

[ This Message was edited by: CHENOUMI on 2003-03-18 01:19]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicated Questions and Offers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »