Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Find a technical answer very fast, especially if it's already been answered, make a Chat Bot work!
Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:47
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting questions Apr 4

First, thanks for watching the video, I think it helps to clarify this conversation.
Zea_Mays wrote:
I watched the video and have some doubts.
For example, when on Facebook, how does the bot get access to search a group without its own account? Or does the bot act on your behalf (e.g. with your identity)?

Groups and the like work with a "portal" access, so they are visible only when the user is logged in. That's why with a general search system, you won't get what's in groups. So, to Copilot it's the same as if you had opened you locked library room to a friend so he can go in and read the books. As always, these things collect some data, however passwords etc. are invisible to it.
Note that in the US, Facebook has added a Beta function where you call the "bot" in the conversation or group directly and chat with it so it can bring you the info you're looking for.

Zea_Mays wrote:
There is also the paradox that you need to know already the answer to recognise if it is correct. How would you otherwise assess this?

That's the point of doing it this way. For example, if you want to know why your favorite CAT tool is extremely slow lately, maybe you're not the only one. If someone has posted an answer that worked for him in a group, the Copilot will recognize it, tell you the steps and the outcome. Then you can click the links for extra information that you want to read yourself. If it works for you, you can add that info in the group which will reinforce the possibility for the next user to find this answer with a higher grade of confidence.

On the web, you'll compare different sources and their authority and reliability to find the correct answer. That's one of the major issues with those chatties: you only have a single "source" (or you need to thell them to provide credible reference sources and possibly tell you why they are authoritative and to what extent - and still can't rely on their answers).

Yes, it's all about learning how to prompt, the same way we learnt to "Google". For some topics I searched before, I listed the type of sources (sometimes naming them) I wanted the bot to use. You can also tell it what to exclude if you have a "blacklist" of online resources that you know have rubbish information

But I have a questions more connected to Copilot than to the topic of this thread. Could the tool do things like for example highlighting cells in an Excel file in a specific color based on a simple prompt? (superseding -some- macros)

I haven't tested it, but I'm sure you can do this. A while back I made a video demo of things you can ask Copilot to do https://youtu.be/IBOm42_RaKk?si=sdoswbUK8h9GPazm
The way to do what you describe requires that you purchase the Copilot subscription for ++Microsoft Office++. It's the same price as getting Chat GPT from Open AI. Once purchased you will have to wait for your MS Office suite to update the programs so that the integrated Copilot can work inside it. I'm planning on getting it later this year and make a video about it. If you want to purchase it, PM me I'll try to give you a hand with prompting.

PS: I also watched your video on the Intento comparision of MT and LLM tools, very interesting! In a nutshell: LLMs/chatties (that's what most people mean when the say "AI") are not that suitable for serious translation purposes.

Thanks for watching it! Yes, I found this very interesting. It's better to focus on facts than on hype, I will be presenting that kind of tests in my presentation at WFF24 Conference in Sitges (near Barcelona) in May https://bit.ly/4alY11v

Be well!

[Bearbeitet am 2024-04-04 12:53 GMT] [/quote]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find a technical answer very fast, especially if it's already been answered, make a Chat Bot work!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »