Off topic: Compliments to the translator who wrote the English subtitles for "OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies"
Thread poster: Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:33
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
May 20, 2008

Beautiful!!!! Hilarious!!!

I giggled my head off. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I hope this translator is a ProZ-member.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:33
English to Swedish
+ ...
Care to elaborate? May 20, 2008

Any examples?

Nicole Schnell
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Elaborate - May 26, 2008

I was darn good and wildly funny, that's all.

My French is rusty but I still understand most of it so I had the pleasure to enjoy and evaluate a great translation and localization job.

I didn't mean to start a discussion, however, besides all the doom-and-gloom and all the complaining that we usually encounter in our forums, I thought it would be nice to compliment a good translator on his / her work for a change.

BTW, whenever I had the pleasure to edit
... See more
I was darn good and wildly funny, that's all.

My French is rusty but I still understand most of it so I had the pleasure to enjoy and evaluate a great translation and localization job.

I didn't mean to start a discussion, however, besides all the doom-and-gloom and all the complaining that we usually encounter in our forums, I thought it would be nice to compliment a good translator on his / her work for a change.

BTW, whenever I had the pleasure to edit a darn good job (rarely), I let the outsourcer know and a copy of this email will be sent to the translator.
Collapse

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:33
English to Arabic
+ ...
I thought you were being sarcastic! May 26, 2008

Your first posting sounded a bit like the translation was hilarious for being so terrible (God knows I've seen many of these!). I hope that if the translator is indeed a Proz member that he/she got you right the first time.

Nicole Schnell
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Absolutely no sarcasm - I meant it. May 26, 2008

I've seen only two movies at the theater that made people clap their hands after the movie was over: "Mrs. Doubtfire" with Robin Williams (back in Germany) and this one in the US. This one was the first one with subtitles, so hats off to the translator.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compliments to the translator who wrote the English subtitles for "OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »