dorna
dorna
United States
Local time: 20:43
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2002

Hi there,

An American writer that I know who is writing a book on Iranian cinema has \'hours\' of tapes that are interviews with Iranian filmmakers and I will be translating these for him. The payments will be through a foundation that he has a grant from to pay for all translations. He has told me that they are very \'generous\'. But quite honestly, I don\'t know how to price the job. By the tape? By the time spent? By the word? In a way I\'d like to do it based on the time of
... See more
Hi there,

An American writer that I know who is writing a book on Iranian cinema has \'hours\' of tapes that are interviews with Iranian filmmakers and I will be translating these for him. The payments will be through a foundation that he has a grant from to pay for all translations. He has told me that they are very \'generous\'. But quite honestly, I don\'t know how to price the job. By the tape? By the time spent? By the word? In a way I\'d like to do it based on the time of the audio cassettes (as if it were a live interpreting gig), but then, because it is NOT a live interpreting job, it is much more work than that. Anyhow, this is the only place where I thought someone may have the experience to advise me... I\'d appreciate any input.

Thanks.

Dorna

[email protected]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Farsi to English Audio Cassettes Pricing Question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »