Rates for English>Spanish in every country
Thread poster: Lorenzo Elizalde
Lorenzo Elizalde
Lorenzo Elizalde  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2003

Hello everyone, I\'m writing from Spain and I\'d like to know the rates for this language combination (English>Spanish) in other countries. Perhaps some other related combinations such as English>French or English>Italian could also be of interest. Both rates for agencies and direct clients are welcome. I\'m interested in the rates we actually charge, not the ones we should. I know this is a hot issue and I\'d like to know what\'s the situation like before I make any offer to a foreign client. I... See more
Hello everyone, I\'m writing from Spain and I\'d like to know the rates for this language combination (English>Spanish) in other countries. Perhaps some other related combinations such as English>French or English>Italian could also be of interest. Both rates for agencies and direct clients are welcome. I\'m interested in the rates we actually charge, not the ones we should. I know this is a hot issue and I\'d like to know what\'s the situation like before I make any offer to a foreign client. I\'ve posted this same topic in the Spanish forum. Thanks everyone for your time. Regards,Collapse

Belen San Antonio
Belen San Antonio  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
What I get paid in the UK Mar 17, 2003

Hi there,

Payment for the combination English>Spanish is indeed a hot issue, as there are quite a lot of translators with this combination around. I live in the UK (Cambridge) and work mainly for an agency that only provides translation services for the public sector. They pay £70/1000 words, but this is unheard of. The other private sector agencies for which I work occasionally are reluctant to pay more than £50/hour. I hope this helps.
[addsig]

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
What clients pay me Mar 17, 2003

Translation: 12 cents per word minimum (depends on the quality of the original and subject specialization)

Revision: 4 cents per word or $40 an hour minimum

DTP: $50 an hour minimum (about 1 page per hour)

Your mileage may vary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for English>Spanish in every country

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »