Off topic: Is it possible to run a double-level search on the Blue Board?
Thread poster: Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:35
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 26

Hello everyone,

(And apologies for posting this as Off topic, but I couldn't find a Blue Board category in the forum topic list. Moderators, feel free to move this post as appropriate.)

I want to contact select translation agencies based in a specific country. I thought I would sort the Blue Board list of agencies first by country, then alphabetically. However, I seem unable to do that. I can only sort either by country or alphabetically, but not 'alphabetically for a c
... See more
Hello everyone,

(And apologies for posting this as Off topic, but I couldn't find a Blue Board category in the forum topic list. Moderators, feel free to move this post as appropriate.)

I want to contact select translation agencies based in a specific country. I thought I would sort the Blue Board list of agencies first by country, then alphabetically. However, I seem unable to do that. I can only sort either by country or alphabetically, but not 'alphabetically for a country'.

Is the behaviour above expected? It is hard for me to believe that only a single search criterion can be applied at a time and that linking criteria for a single search is not supported on the Blue Board. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Your input will be much appreciated.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Workaround Jan 26

Here is a small workaround: Visit the page that includes the record creation date here and then include the year in the filter. (You can't filter by year in the default Blue Board view, but you can filter by date in this view.) So, a filter for "united states 2022" will show all entries in the United States that were added in 2022. Then click on e.g. the "Record creation dat... See more
Here is a small workaround: Visit the page that includes the record creation date here and then include the year in the filter. (You can't filter by year in the default Blue Board view, but you can filter by date in this view.) So, a filter for "united states 2022" will show all entries in the United States that were added in 2022. Then click on e.g. the "Record creation date" column header, to ensure that the entries are always in the same order on your screen.Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
search by country, then sort alphabetically Jan 26

On top of the list you may see some random names, but below names are sorted alphabetically, starting with those that begin with a number.

Maciek Drobka
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 26

Samuel Murray wrote:

Here is a small workaround: Visit the page that includes the record creation date here and then include the year in the filter. (You can't filter by year in the default Blue Board view, but you can filter by date in this view.) So, a filter for "united states 2022" will show all entries in the United States that were added in 2022. Then click on e.g. the "Record creation date" column header, to ensure that the entries are always in the same order on your screen.

Thank you, Samuel, for pointing me in the right direction. Originally, I had completely overlooked the filter field... Following your advice, I used the record creation date mode, typed 'United States' in the filter field, and then clicked the Blue Board record column. That listed all translation agencies in the United States, sorted alphabetically.

Thanks again.

Maciek Drobka
Poland
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 26

Zea_Mays wrote:

On top of the list you may see some random names, but below names are sorted alphabetically, starting with those that begin with a number.

Thank you, this is even more straightforward.

Like I said in my reply to Samuel, I had originally overlooked the search/filter field. How daft was that!

Zea_Mays

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to run a double-level search on the Blue Board?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »