Want to Move Footnotes to End of Document
Thread poster: Arabic & More
Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2013

I'm currently working on a project in Word 2010. There are several footnotes that appear throughout the text. The way they are now, they appear at the bottom of the relevant page of text, so page 5 might have 2 footnotes, page 10 might have 4 footnotes, etc. I'd like to move all these footnotes to the end of the document, which is about 300 pages long. Is there any way I can do this with the click of a button or two? There are lots of footnotes, and I'd hate to have to go through and do the whol... See more
I'm currently working on a project in Word 2010. There are several footnotes that appear throughout the text. The way they are now, they appear at the bottom of the relevant page of text, so page 5 might have 2 footnotes, page 10 might have 4 footnotes, etc. I'd like to move all these footnotes to the end of the document, which is about 300 pages long. Is there any way I can do this with the click of a button or two? There are lots of footnotes, and I'd hate to have to go through and do the whole thing manually. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 06:00
English to German
Word's Help is your friend Sep 27, 2013

[quote]Amel Abdullah wrote:

Is there any way I can do this with the click of a button or two? [quote]

Click Help, then enter "footnote".

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Endnote instead of footnote Sep 27, 2013

Hi Amel,
That's no problem at all: Just go to "Insert", then "Footnote…" and then click on "Endnote" instead of "Footnote".
Hdh,
Irene

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
You could try this Sep 27, 2013

- Put your cursor in one of the footnotes
- Ctrl+A to select all the footnotes
- Right click > Convert to endnote

It seems to do the trick in my Word 2007, don't know about 2010 though.

KEYIN WORTH

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Sorry! Sep 27, 2013

I just realised that you already have the footnotes at then end of each page, so my earlier suggestions won't work.
But have a look here: http://wordprocessing.about.com/od/formattingdocument1/tp/How-To-Convert-Footnotes-and-Endnotes-In-Word-2010.htm
Hope this helps!
Irene

Arabic & More
Arabic & More  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 27, 2013

Thank you to everyone who offered a suggestion. Irene, I looked at the link you posted, and it contained the exact information I needed. Thank you so much for your help.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
You're welcome! Sep 28, 2013

Great, you're welcome!
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Want to Move Footnotes to End of Document

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »