ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:44
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 9, 2022

Hi there,

I have a very strange problem with Word:
After a certain point in a document, the pages are no longer displayed in the print view, although it is visible at the bottom that the pages are there (page x of xx). In all other views (draft, outline, web layout), however, the whole content can be seen. The trigger seems to be a formula (formula editor) that is followed by two line feeds. If I delete a line break, the following pages are no longer displayed.
Does any
... See more
Hi there,

I have a very strange problem with Word:
After a certain point in a document, the pages are no longer displayed in the print view, although it is visible at the bottom that the pages are there (page x of xx). In all other views (draft, outline, web layout), however, the whole content can be seen. The trigger seems to be a formula (formula editor) that is followed by two line feeds. If I delete a line break, the following pages are no longer displayed.
Does anyone have an idea why this could be?
For your information, I work with Mac, the formulas were inserted by my client, who does not work with Mac.
Thanks for all the tips - it's a big mystery to me 🤨
Irene
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:44
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Portrait to landscape ? Dec 9, 2022

Does the document switch from portrait view to landscape at some point?

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Tom Dec 9, 2022

No, its always portrait ...
I very much suspect it has something to do with the formulas but I'm quite lost ...

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Try Pages Dec 9, 2022

ibz wrote:

No, its always portrait ...
I very much suspect it has something to do with the formulas but I'm quite lost ...

Try opening it in Pages - the secret may be revealed....

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pages ... Dec 9, 2022

... works! But how to proceed from here? And I still don't see any reason why this problem happens when opening the document in Word.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
SUggestion Dec 9, 2022

ibz wrote:

... works! But how to proceed from here? And I still don't see any reason why this problem happens when opening the document in Word.

After opening the file in Pages, export it from Pages as a Word file - just a suggestion.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 9, 2022

After all, that worked! But why this problem occurred in the first place is still a mystery to me. But maybe I don't need to know that exactly either 😏
Many thanks, Tom, you made my day!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
HTH Dec 9, 2022

ibz wrote:

After all, that worked! But why this problem occurred in the first place is still a mystery to me. But maybe I don't need to know that exactly either 😏
Many thanks, Tom, you made my day!

Happy to help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Word (Mac)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »