话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you ususally acknowledge receipt of payment?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 22:11
English英语译成German德语
+ ...
纪念
No. Jan 23, 2011

Payments usually are sent by the accounting department, not by the PM or the marketing department at direct clients. I don't even know the names and email addresses of the people who took care of the payment.

Melissa McMahon
Melissa McMahon  Identity Verified
澳大利亚
Local time: 15:11
French法语译成English英语
Individuals/Companies Jan 23, 2011

I mostly do for direct individual clients, because I am usually also asking them to confirm when they have sent payment (eg. bank transfer) plus I also assume they are more likely to be the ones who need a receipt for their records.

For companies/longstanding clients, no, unless they make a point to email to tell me they have paid or I am chasing them up for a late payment.

It is partly what Nicole said: the people I deal with and the financial department are separate
... See more
I mostly do for direct individual clients, because I am usually also asking them to confirm when they have sent payment (eg. bank transfer) plus I also assume they are more likely to be the ones who need a receipt for their records.

For companies/longstanding clients, no, unless they make a point to email to tell me they have paid or I am chasing them up for a late payment.

It is partly what Nicole said: the people I deal with and the financial department are separate entities and I am not sure the people who I have contact with would be especially interested in that kind of correspondence. But what others have said here has given me pause for thought.

Melissa
Collapse

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
希腊
Local time: 08:11
Greek希腊语译成English英语
Yes, always Jan 24, 2011

I always ususally acknowledge receipt of payment.

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you ususally acknowledge receipt of payment?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »