Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Have you ever asked another ProZ.com user on a date?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:29
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Chris Feb 13, 2017

No text, no missing apostrophe, no grammatical OCD!

Valentines-Day

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
No Feb 13, 2017

One of my exes has a proz account, but she seems to be reluctant to use it and prefers to ask me. Sometimes I end up posting her queries on kudoz in my own name.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:29
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Define "date" Feb 13, 2017

I have become good cyber-friends with several people on ProZ. I looked up one of them when I was traveling and we spent a nice afternoon together. I wouldn't mind being a cougar, but the age difference is extreme.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:29
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Almost a date, huh? Feb 13, 2017

Muriel Vasconcellos wrote:

I have become good cyber-friends with several people on ProZ. I looked up one of them when I was traveling and we spent a nice afternoon together. I wouldn't mind being a cougar, but the age difference is extreme.

Last year, when you came to Brazil, we had actually planned a lunch or dinner together. We ended up not meeting, but if we did, could that be considered a date? I think my answer to this poll would have been "yes" if we met.

[Edited at 2017-02-13 19:55 GMT]

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Behavior Feb 13, 2017

Laura Pascual wrote:

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

I once saw on the Translator's Feature a very interesting guy, an Englishman who lived in China.

I wrote to him to tell him he seemed to me very charming, but he never wrote back.

On the other hand I have been approached by a couple or three guys with the same intentions.

N.

[Edited at 2017-02-13 08:35 GMT]

Well, writing to someone with whom you've never even talked, through a professional page, to tell him he looks charming? That's quite an inappropriate behaviour in my opinion.

Let's leave room for variety in different cultures. Maybe what Natalia did is pretty normal for Chileans.

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:29
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
LOL. Quite unsual... Feb 14, 2017

At first this question sounded so unusual for me, I did like it. I have seen some interesting people around (online). However, it would difficult to risk that aproach.

[Edited at 2017-02-14 02:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-02-14 02:29 GMT]

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Come on Laura Feb 14, 2017

Laura Pascual wrote:

Natalia Pedrosa wrote:

I once saw on the Translator's Feature a very interesting guy, an Englishman who lived in China.

I wrote to him to tell him he seemed to me very charming, but he never wrote back.

On the other hand I have been approached by a couple or three guys with the same intentions.

N.

[Edited at 2017-02-13 08:35 GMT]

Well, writing to someone with whom you've never even talked, through a professional page, to tell him he looks charming? That's quite an inappropriate behaviour in my opinion.

Sarcasm

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sort of... Feb 15, 2017

... when I mentioned I was going to Ottawa for the day, someone from proz suggested we meet up (but we had met at several powwows already, and there was no romantic vibe). I've receive a couple of other offers of "coffee dates" by people I've met at powwows - and I always have a hard time figuring out if this is triggered by professional interests or something else.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever asked another ProZ.com user on a date?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »