Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: In how many CAT tools are you proficient?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:16
Portuguese to English
+ ...
None Apr 3, 2017

No CAT tools yet, at present my work uses BAT Tools (Brain-Assisted Translation)!
I am considering the possibility of learning MemoQ or Wordfast, but the cost of the licence is a problem.
Trados (known locally as Travos, from Portuguese 'travar' meaning '(a system) to crash'), I keep at arm's length.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:16
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
1 Apr 3, 2017

I use WFP and get along with it (so to speak), but I'm not proficient in it. And WFP cannot be used for every type of work I do. The day a CAT tool can write creatively, is the day I will retire.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
It seems... Apr 3, 2017

... all the proficient CAT users are too busy to respond...

Álvaro Dávila
Álvaro Dávila  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:16
English to Spanish
MemoQ and Studio Apr 3, 2017

I usually work with MemoQ and Studio, however, I prefer MemoQ at the moment because I feel I have better control of the terminology management tools.

Yetta Jensen Bogarde
Yetta Jensen Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:16
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
4+ Apr 4, 2017

I can work in Wordfast PRO, Wordfast Classic, MemoQ, Memsource, WordBee, Trados 2010....

But like mentioned, proficient is a big word.

[Edited at 2017-04-04 07:56 GMT]

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:16
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
1 + ? Apr 6, 2017

In my computer, I only have one: MemoQ. But I provide services for several clients with on-line/cloud platforms like Memsource, GTM, Wordbee and others I don't even remember right now. However, they are all very bad, and I'd never use any of them voluntarily.
The only alternative I could consider for MemoQ is Trados/Studio, not only due to the high demand of agencies for it, but also due to the new features that MemoQ does not offer, and to the yearly fee Kilgray charges and SDL doesn't.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In how many CAT tools are you proficient?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »