Diploma in Public Service Interpreting
Thread poster: Amy Moreno
Amy Moreno
Amy Moreno
Local time: 02:22
English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2010

I am relatively new to translating and interpreting and it's an area I really want to gain more experience working in.

I want to be professionally qualified so recently I began to study the DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) with a speciality in Law.

We will be taught general interpreting and translating skills in the first module then focus on the language and terminology, etc used in Law.

I'm looking forward to learning more and improving my
... See more
I am relatively new to translating and interpreting and it's an area I really want to gain more experience working in.

I want to be professionally qualified so recently I began to study the DPSI (Diploma in Public Service Interpreting) with a speciality in Law.

We will be taught general interpreting and translating skills in the first module then focus on the language and terminology, etc used in Law.

I'm looking forward to learning more and improving my translating and interpreting skills, but (aside from official documents and certificated) I have limited experience in translating for Law so far - so I'm sure I'll have lots to learn!

I wondered, has anyone else on ProZ studied for the DPSI before? Do you have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated as I'm still a bit of a "newbie"!
Collapse

Camelia Colnic
Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
DPSI Feb 27, 2011

Hi there,

I am also doing that course now. I am wondering if there are people who did it in the past years and can tell us if it helped them in their careers. Is it worth it, to have this course?

Amy Moreno
Amy Moreno
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DPSI exam in June Mar 3, 2011

Hi Camelia,

it's nice to find someone else on Proz who is studying the DPSI! Which speciality are you doing this year? I'm doing the Law speciality and we have the exam in mid-June. I'm considering doing the Medicine and Healthcare option next year as well. How are things going with your course? I hope you're enjoyng it and finding it useful.

Amy

Alice Crisan
Alice Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Romanian
+ ...
DPSI-Law option Mar 4, 2011

Hi Camelia and Amy:)
I`m also a busy bee these days and also ready or at least almost ready for the "show" in June.
I guess we should keep an eye on the IoL website;there is a forum which is not updated , but still offers some interesting links.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Diploma in Public Service Interpreting

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »