Filipa Silva
Filipa Silva
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 13, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am a translation student based in London heading for my final year.

As part of my course, I am required to complete a work placement with a minimum of 160h with can be done either as a translator (EN-PT), project manager, or a combination of both. I would love to get an insight into the ins and outs of an agency, so having the possibility work on the project management side of things would be amazing. The only problem it that since I currently work full t
... See more
Hi everyone,

I am a translation student based in London heading for my final year.

As part of my course, I am required to complete a work placement with a minimum of 160h with can be done either as a translator (EN-PT), project manager, or a combination of both. I would love to get an insight into the ins and outs of an agency, so having the possibility work on the project management side of things would be amazing. The only problem it that since I currently work full time, I would only be able to commit to working 2 full days a week (booking in some annual leave that I have saved up not to overwork myself). The internships I have come across so far ask for a full-time commitment of 3-4 months, but I am afraid I am not able to manage that.

It may come across as a bit cheeky, but I thought I would ask whether people in this forum would know of an agency willing to take on someone on a part-time basis.

Thank you
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi Filipa Jun 14, 2021

As far as I know since COVID a small number of translation agencies (unfortunately I can’t remember which ones) have been offering distance work placements. Maybe this is an avenue for you to research… Good luck!

[Edited at 2021-06-14 19:31 GMT]

Matthias_2000
Matthias_2000
Germany
Remote internship Jun 19, 2021

Hello Filipa,

I am currently looking for an internship position as well and due to COVID, many agencies offer remote internship opportunities, as Teresa already mentioned.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Filipa + Matthias Jun 20, 2021

I don’t know if you are interested in EU internships/traineeships. Most are currently affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and are not taking place, but apparently the following are still being organiz... See more
I don’t know if you are interested in EU internships/traineeships. Most are currently affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and are not taking place, but apparently the following are still being organized:

https://www.eib.org/en/about/jobs/work-with-us/internships/index.htm
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/en/work-with-us/traineeships
http://www.eif.europa.eu/jobs/internships/index.htm
https://epso.europa.eu/job-opportunities/traineeships_en

Good luck!
Collapse

P.L.F. Persio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work placement in agency to complete Translation BA in London

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »