Thread poster: Stephen D
Stephen D
Stephen D
Local time: 04:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2011

Hello,

I recently became a member on ProZ and I've spent the last two days trying to make my profile look professional. Any help and advice you could give about my profile and CV would be much appreciated. I hope this post will be the first of many, so please consider this a friendly hello to you all too.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Ashutosh Mitra
Ashutosh Mitra  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:28
Member (2011)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
CV Aug 6, 2011

Dear Steve,

Welcome to the family......

You can check the CV of any translator, of your language pair or you can also take help of site staff, I think these two things will help a lot.

Happy translatiing.....

Angus Stewart
Angus Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
It looks professional Aug 6, 2011

Welcome to the community.

I think your profile already looks professional. The main change that I would recommend is to add more tags in your keywords section in order to make it easier for clients to find you when performing an internet search. For instance, you list French and Spanish as your languages, but omit English.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
It looks professional yes Aug 6, 2011

I'd only suggest to improve the keywords, by adding for example the words: computer, computing, IT etc... and to enter a sample for each pair.

Also you can contact a site guide to help to improve your profile if you want.

here is a list
http://www.proz.com/topic/201308

Kindest regards

Angie

[Edited at 2011-08-06 09:24 GMT]

Stephen D
Stephen D
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 6, 2011

Thank you all for your feedback and warm welcome. I'll start working on my keywords right away and look more into getting help from the "ProZ pros".

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 05:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looks good so far Aug 6, 2011

Your profile looks OK to me - in fact I think it's more professional looking than mine, which is a bit messy, like my worktop (and life in general).

I think that nowadays brevity is important, getting straight to the point, so always try to keep my CV to one page, only supplying further info if the client asks for it. Apart from that, all I can think of is... to wish you luck!

Stephen D
Stephen D
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 6, 2011

Thanks for your reply, Neil. Your profile doesn't look messy to me, so I'm sure your desk is tidier than you think!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on ProZ profile and CV

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »