Upcoming ProZ.com Events
Thread poster: Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:12
French to English
Apr 9, 2008

Not sure where to post my question, but I'm wondering about the two "upcoming events" listed on my ProZ home page, both on August 4th.

These have been on my homepage for what feels like at least two months, yet there is absolutely no information about these events, the pages are blank.

I'm curious - fill me in!

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:12
Italian to English
Ditto Apr 9, 2008

I sent a message to Leonardo Fusero (staff member in Argentina office) about a month ago, asking the same question. He replied, saying they were just about ready to announce details. Oddly, all record of this has disappeared from the site!

[Edited at 2008-04-09 22:43]

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:12
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
A top-secret event? Apr 9, 2008

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about this. I would think that if something were in the works, there would be some discussion about possible locations, speakers, etc.

I like to make my travel plans in advance, who knows I may head to the States this summer, and my planning may be influenced by this (mysterious) event.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 21:12
SITE STAFF
Details to be completed shortly Apr 10, 2008

Hello Lori and Russell,

Thank you for expressing your concern, and my apologies for the confusion or lack of information. The specific details of these events are now being finalized, and should be posted soon. Thanks for your patience!

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upcoming ProZ.com Events

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »