Thread poster: Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 4, 2002

You must take a look at this. Especially if you have a sense of humour. It\'s brilliant and free.

Apparently, one of the most talked about downloads on the web.

http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=10030

Have a good weekend all, what\'s left of it.

Dave

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:39
English to Dutch
+ ...
A nice thing to have, Aug 4, 2002

for sure.

I\'ve been using Incredimail for quite a while now, but I must confess that it gets boring after a while, if you only have the free download. The little ducks, dogs, butlers and what have you, loose quite a bit of their appeal after a while...

Yet, still a lot nicer than your average e-mail program.

Good link, David!

[addsig]

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 14:39
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Re: Incredimail, the best invention since sliced bread Aug 4, 2002

I\'m afraid sliced bread is still better as it doesn\'t come into conflict with your system. Incredimail did. At least with mine. And I had to uninstall it.

In the 1st case I mean a digestive system, in the 2nd - a computer one.

Nikita

P.S. I should admit that to uninstall Incredimail from your PC system is as easy as to delete sliced bread from your digestive one

Silvina Beatriz Codina
Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:39
English to Spanish
I'm sorry to say... Aug 4, 2002

... that Incredimail, fun as it is, may end up bringing you problems in the long run. It is pretty unstable, eats up a lot of memory, crashes all the time and, if you eventually have to stop using it (as I had to do, because one day the program just stopped sending and receiving messages), you\'ll find that the mail you sent/received with Incredimail IS NOT READABLE WITH OTHER EMAIL PROGRAM, so if you delete the program you\'ll lose all your messages.

I only used it for pri
... See more
... that Incredimail, fun as it is, may end up bringing you problems in the long run. It is pretty unstable, eats up a lot of memory, crashes all the time and, if you eventually have to stop using it (as I had to do, because one day the program just stopped sending and receiving messages), you\'ll find that the mail you sent/received with Incredimail IS NOT READABLE WITH OTHER EMAIL PROGRAM, so if you delete the program you\'ll lose all your messages.

I only used it for private mail (not for work), and I recommend you to do the same, if you want to keep on using it.
Collapse

Red Cat Studios
Red Cat Studios
United Kingdom
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Incredimail... incredibly bad! Aug 4, 2002

I discovered Incredimail last year and got excited about. Was so delighted about being able to do so much with it...

Till first buggs came through!

My system crashed and had to re-format my hard disk... Don\'t mention the data lost for ever, the worries and the time spent.

More than that, all of my friends to whom i\'ve sent Incredimail messages have been unable to read them in the original format, unless they had Incredimail setup to their system, too.

I
... See more
I discovered Incredimail last year and got excited about. Was so delighted about being able to do so much with it...

Till first buggs came through!

My system crashed and had to re-format my hard disk... Don\'t mention the data lost for ever, the worries and the time spent.

More than that, all of my friends to whom i\'ve sent Incredimail messages have been unable to read them in the original format, unless they had Incredimail setup to their system, too.

I gave it a second chance (what a fool!). Second crash, second serie of troubles.

Did you say \"Incredimail\"? No, thanks. Not form me anymore...
Collapse

Dave Greatrix
Dave Greatrix  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the warning Aug 4, 2002

But I would be obviously interested in other Incredimail user\'s experiences. It has amazing support on the Zdnet download site.

Silvina Beatriz Codina
Silvina Beatriz Codina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:39
English to Spanish
Forewarned is forearmed Aug 4, 2002

I understand your feelings. There is nothing wrong with wishing to pep up our desktop; after all we stare at it for many hours a day, and I am personally a big client for all that \"uselessware\" (I have been using the After Dark screensaver and the Webshots wallpaper software for years, and I don\'t exactly need these programs).

I did give a second shot to Incredimail even after I read bad reviews about it in CNet, but I was careful about it. There are plenty of raves abou
... See more
I understand your feelings. There is nothing wrong with wishing to pep up our desktop; after all we stare at it for many hours a day, and I am personally a big client for all that \"uselessware\" (I have been using the After Dark screensaver and the Webshots wallpaper software for years, and I don\'t exactly need these programs).

I did give a second shot to Incredimail even after I read bad reviews about it in CNet, but I was careful about it. There are plenty of raves about it, but, for how long have these people used it? Unfortunately, the software only shows its claws after you have been using it for a while. A comment I read suggested this happens when you keep on downloading new papers and notifiers. Can\'t say if this is so.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incredimail, the best invention since sliced bread

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »