violettehu
violettehu
France
Local time: 03:55
français vers chinois
+ ...
Henry's messages Jul 25, 2012

Hello everyone,
Look what he's up to! Amazing (I had his 1st mail in hotmail's junk and I asked him back details of his offer):

Hi,

We have a valuation project which involves me communicating with someone who understands English in Europe.
We are to evaluate the services of the Western Union

JOB DESCRIPTION
* You are to locate a Western Union to evaluate.
* A cheque would be sent to you to enable you to have funds that
... See more
Hello everyone,
Look what he's up to! Amazing (I had his 1st mail in hotmail's junk and I asked him back details of his offer):

Hi,

We have a valuation project which involves me communicating with someone who understands English in Europe.

JOB DESCRIPTION
* A cheque would be sent to you to enable you to have funds that would be transferred to another participant
* You deposit the cheques into your bank account.
* You deduct your wage of Two hundred euros or it's equivalent
* You transfer the balance (after the subtraction of your wage and possible bank charges)
* During the transfer process, you observe the whole scenario.
* After the transfer,you fill out the questionnaire that would be emailed to you.

Materials needed for the evaluation would be posted to you
Hence your duties would be to go to a WESTERN UNION outlet in your locality as a customer going to make a transfer to another Valuator.
To apply for this position,please reply with your full name,address and contact mobile phone number.
we look forward to working with you.

If you need to speak with me for more information about this valuation project,you can call me on +442081446028 and sms on +447956968663.
Or you can simply email me for more details and i would be glad to respond almost immediately

Kind Regards,
Henry Beauperin
Collapse

chloeee
chloeee
anglais vers français
+ ...
Henry Beauperin Jul 26, 2012

this is the email you get when you try to go further with that Henry Beauperin:
very weird...

Hi,

JOB DESCRIPTION
* A cheque would be sent to you to enable you to have funds that would be transferred to another participant... See more
this is the email you get when you try to go further with that Henry Beauperin:
very weird...

Hi,

JOB DESCRIPTION
* A cheque would be sent to you to enable you to have funds that would be transferred to another participant
* You deposit the cheques into your bank account.
* You deduct your wage of Two hundred euros or it's equivalent
* You transfer the balance (after the subtraction of your wage and possible bank charges)
* During the transfer process, you observe the whole scenario.
* After the transfer,you fill out the questionnaire that would be emailed to you.

Materials needed for the evaluation would be posted to you
Hence your duties would be to go to a WESTERN UNION outlet in your locality as a customer going to make a transfer to another Valuator.
To apply for this position,please reply with your full name,address and contact mobile phone number.
we look forward to working with you.

If you need to speak with me for more information about this valuation project,you can call me on +442081446028 and sms on +447956968663.
Or you can simply email me for more details and i would be glad to respond almost immediately

Kind Regards,
Henry Beauperin
Collapse

Edith Kelly
Edith Kelly  Identity Verified
Suisse
Membre
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
Delete Jul 27, 2012

The trick is easy: he sends you a cheque and you deposit this into your account. You keep 200 EUR and transfer the remainder. The cheque will bounce, and you have transferred your own money. Bingo. The trick is old, has been around for some years. First time though, that written in proper English.

Do not have any contact with that gentleman.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentine
Local time: 22:55
Membre (2006)
anglais vers espagnol
On the "Western Union" scam Jul 27, 2012

The "Western Union" scam is described in the translators scam alert center and in more detail in ProZ.com wiki page on scams.

ProZ.com mem
... See more
The "Western Union" scam is described in the translators scam alert center and in more detail in ProZ.com wiki page on scams.

ProZ.com members can subscribe to the scam alert messages, to receive all alert messages or a weekly digest.

Regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another Interpreter/Translator scam: 'Henry Beauperin'

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »