Laura Morwood
Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 30, 2013

Hi,

I have installed WordPress on my ProZ hosting site but to be honest, I can't use it.
I would like a quick training on the basics of the program, either online or from a book.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Laura

James Hodges
James Hodges  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 22:11
Japanese to English
Wordpress as in the Webpage Tool? Jan 31, 2013

If we are talking about Wordpress the webpage tool, there are a whole variety of books available through stores such as Amazon. Also, as free software, Wordpress has a rather vibrant community up and running over at wordpress.org. Indeed, I run Wordpress for my own website and I received a fair bit of help from the Wordpress website.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:11
Finnish to French
Lynda.com Jan 31, 2013

Laura Morwood wrote:
I have installed WordPress on my ProZ hosting site but to be honest, I can't use it.
I would like a quick training on the basics of the program, either online or from a book.

Try Lynda.com, for instance their WordPress Essential Training course. You can get access to their entire catalog for one week for free (and monthly plans aren't expensive). I didn't go through that particular course, but their courses are usually very well made.

I made a short video (mostly for self-reference) about installing WordPress 3 on your own server. Setting up WordPress wasn't that hard. I use it to host my vlog, though I must admit I haven't spent much time customizing it. It mostly acts as a repository for videos I post on my YouTube channel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordPress training

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »