BVC  Identity Verified
Duitsland
Local time: 07:53
Lid 2003
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Feb 13, 2003

Dear All,

after having worked for quite some time with WordFast I would really like to buy a different Cat Tool for my Apple Mac (9.2.2.). I\'ve been contemplating various options:

Buying SDLX or Trados etc. and running it with Virtual PC on my iBook or installing MAC OS X and working with OMEGA (as it doesn\'t work on System 9.2.2.).

Does anybody have a better solution?

Many thanks,
... See more
Dear All,

after having worked for quite some time with WordFast I would really like to buy a different Cat Tool for my Apple Mac (9.2.2.). I\'ve been contemplating various options:

Buying SDLX or Trados etc. and running it with Virtual PC on my iBook or installing MAC OS X and working with OMEGA (as it doesn\'t work on System 9.2.2.).

Does anybody have a better solution?

Many thanks,

Benita
Collapse

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
CAT tool for Mac Feb 13, 2003

One colleague has managed to install OmegaT on OS 9. I don\'t know how she managed to do it - dig around in the archives LantraMUG forum at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LantraMUG/

or contact me privately if you\'re intersted.

Even if you do get it to work, though, you will be fairly limited without OpenOffice.org/StarOffice, which does require OS
... See more
One colleague has managed to install OmegaT on OS 9. I don\'t know how she managed to do it - dig around in the archives LantraMUG forum at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LantraMUG/

or contact me privately if you\'re intersted.

Even if you do get it to work, though, you will be fairly limited without OpenOffice.org/StarOffice, which does require OS X, and also the X Window system. Unless, of course, Keith is inundated with requests for an rtf filter, to which I suspect he would respond favourably.

Another CAT tool for Mac users is under development. You can find out more in FutureMacMem forum at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FutureMacMem/

Marc
Collapse

arterm
arterm  Identity Verified
Servië
Engels naar Russisch
try wordfast www.champollion.net Feb 13, 2003

A universal & open translation tool

Wordfast is a Translation Memory engine available for Microsoft Word on PC and Mac (see supported platforms).

Wordfast offers a transparent, open format  for all its data, but maintains direct compatibility with Trados 2, 3 & 5 (TM exchange, MultiTerm glossaries, same segmentation), TMX and IBM TM. Excel, PowerPoint, Access files but also tagged documents can be translated. Wordfast connects to MT packages like PowerTranslator™, Systran�
... See more
A universal & open translation tool

Wordfast is a Translation Memory engine available for Microsoft Word on PC and Mac (see supported platforms).

Wordfast offers a transparent, open format  for all its data, but maintains direct compatibility with Trados 2, 3 & 5 (TM exchange, MultiTerm glossaries, same segmentation), TMX and IBM TM. Excel, PowerPoint, Access files but also tagged documents can be translated. Wordfast connects to MT packages like PowerTranslator™, Systran™, Reverso™ etc.

Although Wordfast is essentially a translator\'s tool, it easily integrates in the workflow of translation agencies & large accounts. All this power is packed in a single, compact Word™ template; data can be shared over a lan or over the web.

Wordfast works without license with translation memories up to 110 Kbytes, and/or 500 TU (translation units). Buying a license removes this limitation.

Wordfast downloads in 2 minutes at 56Kbps (file size: 540 Kb).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cat Tool for Mac

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »