Catalyst - better way to reuse glossary than find/replace (in dialog boxes)?
Thread poster: Christina Clark
Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 04:08
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2003

I was wondering whether there was any easier way of re-using the glossary when translating Dialog boxes than having to do a \'find/replace\' manouvre? Why doesn\'t Catalyst suggest glossary entries as with translation of strings? Or does it, and I just haven\'t seen the light yet?

Thanks

Christina

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:08
English to German
+ ...
You CAN re-use glossary entries Apr 17, 2003

Dear Christina,

there is a way to make use of 100% matches. First go to \"Tools, Options, General, Glossary\" and check whether you have selected a glossary and which entries you want to reuse. If you don\'t have a glossary yet, you can easily create a blank one and fill it with your translations by creating an empty TXT file and adding it as Glossary 1.

Once you have activated a glossary, you can reuse the entries within it. You can either double-click
... See more
Dear Christina,

there is a way to make use of 100% matches. First go to \"Tools, Options, General, Glossary\" and check whether you have selected a glossary and which entries you want to reuse. If you don\'t have a glossary yet, you can easily create a blank one and fill it with your translations by creating an empty TXT file and adding it as Glossary 1.

Once you have activated a glossary, you can reuse the entries within it. You can either double-click on the string to be translated and press F2 (Catalyst underlines the source text for which it found a match). You can then insert the matches by double-clicking on the match.

I hope I made myself clear enough, if not, refer to the online help (\"glossaries, using\").

Best regards,

Tanja

[addsig]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Catalyst - better way to reuse glossary than find/replace (in dialog boxes)?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »