Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 23, 2009

Hi.

I'll be taking over a project in a few weeks that involves scheduling a large number of interpreters for medical appointments at a number of locations throughout a single city.

I am looking for software that will help me best optimize this system. I'd like to be able to put in appointment times and locations and the system will help me to determine that one interpreter will be able to cover appointments A, B, and C ... and that another interpreter will cover D, E,
... See more
Hi.

I'll be taking over a project in a few weeks that involves scheduling a large number of interpreters for medical appointments at a number of locations throughout a single city.

I am looking for software that will help me best optimize this system. I'd like to be able to put in appointment times and locations and the system will help me to determine that one interpreter will be able to cover appointments A, B, and C ... and that another interpreter will cover D, E, and then drive to F, which is a half mile down the road... something of this sort.

Does anyone know of something like this? Or even remotely like this?

Thanks.
Sandra
Collapse

Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Would regular time management software work? Jun 23, 2009

Do you think that regular time management software would work? If so, there are several programs in existence that could help you. Here are a few websites with information:

See more
Do you think that regular time management software would work? If so, there are several programs in existence that could help you. Here are a few websites with information:

http://www.dovico.com/time_management_software.html

http://www.effexis.com/achieve/planner.htm
Collapse

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 14:15
French to English
Route planning software? Jun 24, 2009

Maybe route planning software (like what courier services use) would work? I don't really know of one designed specifically for small businesses, but I would imagine that there must be something entry-level out there and you wouldn't necessarily need to invest in a DHL-grade product!

chica nueva
chica nueva
Local time: 00:15
Chinese to English
Project management software Jun 24, 2009

Project management software:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_management_software
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_project_management_software

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 05:15
English to Arabic
+ ...
Don't use MS Project to support that business model Jun 24, 2009

Greetings.

Whatever PM application you select, may I recommend that you don't use MS Project to support that new business model.

MS Project is a memory vampire and over-complex for your purposes, and very labor- and time-intensive to learn to use and sustain.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
English - Arabic, Kurdish, and Persian
San Pedro, California

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for managing interpreters

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »