Sasa Kalcik
Sasa Kalcik  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 00:54
Member (2010)
English to Croatian
+ ...
May 17, 2011

I am in the middle of negotiating for one translation project with one client but we can't seem to understand each other completely regarding some things about using Trados. I use Trados Studio 2009 and they still use 2007 (I don't have 2007, I used to have 2006 and now 2009).
I am convinced that we are able to collaborate and that I can produce files that they can manage later.
I have some issues which I don't think to understand regarding some differences we were talking about so
... See more
I am in the middle of negotiating for one translation project with one client but we can't seem to understand each other completely regarding some things about using Trados. I use Trados Studio 2009 and they still use 2007 (I don't have 2007, I used to have 2006 and now 2009).
I am convinced that we are able to collaborate and that I can produce files that they can manage later.
I have some issues which I don't think to understand regarding some differences we were talking about so I have 4 questions:
1) I need ini file in Tag editor for which of the following files -html, xml, word, excel?
2) Using Trados Workbench - which of the following is used to look up an existing term in the TM -analyse, translate, concordance, term recognition?
3) Tag Editor (in 2007) has which spelling checker? -c. s. as you type, c. s. when closing a segment, c. s. during clean-up, c. s. by pressing F7
4) To create TM from source and target doc I need - winalign (or perhaps something else)?

I really appreciate help!

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ini file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »