Logoport: Word 97
Thread poster: chrille121
chrille121
chrille121
Local time: 03:56
Jul 12, 2009

Hi guys,
I am trying to use Logoport to translate a rather technical document filled with tables.

Anyway, you know how Logoport employs this 3-table approach when one asks it to "Open Segment":

Line 1: Percentage %, User
Line 2: Source
Line 3: Suggested translation

If I am not very careful Logoport freezes or the three tables do not disappear and get embedded in the Word document. This is extremely irritating. What can I do?

A
... See more
Hi guys,
I am trying to use Logoport to translate a rather technical document filled with tables.

Anyway, you know how Logoport employs this 3-table approach when one asks it to "Open Segment":

Line 1: Percentage %, User
Line 2: Source
Line 3: Suggested translation

If I am not very careful Logoport freezes or the three tables do not disappear and get embedded in the Word document. This is extremely irritating. What can I do?

Also, sometimes Logoport refuses to open a new segment, and I simply cannot keep translating! Then I resort to opening a new document and starting over.

HELP!
Collapse

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:56
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 13, 2009

[Edited at 2009-07-13 04:28 GMT]

John Rawlins
John Rawlins  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
In a moment of madness Jul 13, 2009

In a moment of madness last year I accepted a job using Logoport.

The complexity and slowness of the system, and the unprofessional nature of the staff, led me to abandon the project after had I wasted half a day fiddling around. I would have to be a very desperate man before embracing Lo---go---poooooort again.

Ulf Samuelsson
Ulf Samuelsson  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:56
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Logoport and Word 97 not recommended Jul 13, 2009

When I worked with Logoport two years ago, I was told that it required at least Word 2000, and preferrably Word 2003.

Today, I would charge double for jobs in Logoport, as it is a troublesome and very slow program. I have to set it up separately because it doesn't like my Normal.dot and other *.dot files and settings I use.

Try to close Word, move your Normal.dot somewhere else, and restart Word to start up with a fresh Normal.dot.

Ulf

chrille121
chrille121
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 13, 2009

Thanks people, this is what I wanted to hear.
I was shocked to see just how slow the program was, and I thought it was just me.

It is also extremely unstable!

Regards,
Christian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Logoport: Word 97

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »