Looking for a tool to easily add a CREATIONID to a selected range of TUs in a TMX
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:15
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Dec 19, 2013

Does someone know of a tool to easily add a CREATIONID to every TU in a TMX?

I would like to select a range of TUs, like in Olifant, and then change or add the creationid en masse.

Michael

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:15
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Word Dec 19, 2013

Search and replace.
Use previous or next string for the regular expression, and just insert line (using ^p)

[Редактировалось 2013-12-19 20:13 GMT]

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 07:15
Italian to German
+ ...
Olifant... Dec 22, 2013

...can do it, but as Sergei says, with Word it's easier and faster, unless your TM is really a big one in which case import / export it with Olifant.

Mike

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
More details... Dec 22, 2013

Sorry Michael, I didn't realize immediately that you already mentioned Olifant in your post.

Adding attributes in Olifant is possible, but complicated. If you want I can paste the description here. Just tell me, or google Ives Savourel in the Okapi Frameworks Yahoo groups.

Changing attributes is easy instead:

----------------------
- Search/Replace in attribute fields
Can be done, also with regEx, but be sure to choose the right checkboxes and h
... See more
Sorry Michael, I didn't realize immediately that you already mentioned Olifant in your post.

Adding attributes in Olifant is possible, but complicated. If you want I can paste the description here. Just tell me, or google Ives Savourel in the Okapi Frameworks Yahoo groups.

Changing attributes is easy instead:

----------------------
- Search/Replace in attribute fields
Can be done, also with regEx, but be sure to choose the right checkboxes and have all segments sorted by entry number, else you get an error message.

- Emptying attribute fields (IDs, or other attributes):
This is a two step operation: You activate RegEx, you put a single dot in the search field and any uncommon word, e.g. MIKE in the replace field.
This will replace everything with MIKE. Then, put MIKE in the search field, leave the replace field empty and de-activate RegEx.
All attribute fields will now be empty. Check this by sorting alphabetically 2 times.

----------------------

Hope this helps,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-12-22 15:25 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mike + Sergei! Dec 22, 2013

I'll try your methods when I have a moment to spare.

I ended up solving it with the help of a regex provided by (SDL) Paul:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/conversations/topics/35243

< tu tuid="(\d+)" >

< tu tuid="$1" creationid="Michael Beijer" >

(had to add some extra spaces in the code t
... See more
I'll try your methods when I have a moment to spare.

I ended up solving it with the help of a regex provided by (SDL) Paul:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/memoQ/conversations/topics/35243

< tu tuid="(\d+)" >

< tu tuid="$1" creationid="Michael Beijer" >

(had to add some extra spaces in the code to make it display properly here in the forum)

I am also currently trying out the beta of the new Heartsome TMX editor (http://www.heartsome.net/tmxeditor8/ ), which looks promising. I like Olifant, but it's not always the easiest program to use. Hopefully, one of these days someone will finally manage to create a single tool for all our TMX needs that is also easy to use. Pretty amazing that no one has yet, given how central TMXs are in our line of work!

Michael
Collapse

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Yes, Dec 22, 2013

Michael Beijer wrote:

Hopefully, one of these days someone will finally manage to create a single tool for all our TMX needs that is also easy to use. Pretty amazing that no one has yet, given how central TMXs are in our line of work!

Michael

I couldn't agree more on that.

Good that you've found a solution.
Greets,
Mike

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Heartsome’s new TMX editor Dec 22, 2013

I just discovered that it is very easy to add a CREATIONID (or any other kind of property you want!) to a selected range of TUs in a TMX with the new Heartsome TMX editor!

Just click on the 'Custom Attributes' section in the UI, click 'Add', enter an 'Attribute Name' + 'Attribute Value', select one of the 3 options in the 'Apply to' section: 'Current segment', 'All filtered results', or 'Whole file/TM', and click OK.

You can also edit any property you wish, or delete th
... See more
I just discovered that it is very easy to add a CREATIONID (or any other kind of property you want!) to a selected range of TUs in a TMX with the new Heartsome TMX editor!

Just click on the 'Custom Attributes' section in the UI, click 'Add', enter an 'Attribute Name' + 'Attribute Value', select one of the 3 options in the 'Apply to' section: 'Current segment', 'All filtered results', or 'Whole file/TM', and click OK.

You can also edit any property you wish, or delete them!

Michael
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a tool to easily add a CREATIONID to a selected range of TUs in a TMX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »