Thread poster: PAULA ARAUJO
PAULA ARAUJO
PAULA ARAUJO
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 27, 2023

Hello everyone,

I would like to know the subtitling rates per minute with and without an existing timecoded template (.srt file) in the UK, 2023. Much appreciated.

Paula

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Subtitling Rates Apr 27, 2023

Hi Paula,

I hope my post from October last year could be of any use.
https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/359464-subtitling_a_190_minutes_long_documentary.html#2974645

Regarding your second query about subtitles translation w/o an existing timecoded template, that’s kinda tricky. How much time is require
... See more
Hi Paula,

I hope my post from October last year could be of any use.
https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/359464-subtitling_a_190_minutes_long_documentary.html#2974645

Regarding your second query about subtitles translation w/o an existing timecoded template, that’s kinda tricky. How much time is required to finish the project depends on the way you handle it. Doing this fully manually would take you the longest. If the client provides a dialogue list and combined continuity document, it would speed up the process considerably.

An alternative technique is to build your own template by piping the multimedia file to an ASR (automatic speech recognition, aka speech-to-text) program. That also would allow you to work relatively faster, assuming the ASR program is optimized for your source languages and the technical parameters which need to be applied. Audio quality and the speakers’ accents matter a lot for the manual and ASR methods as well. It’s hard to give a straightforward answer on this one, I’m afraid.

HTH, FWIW.

[Edited at 2023-04-27 14:57 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling rate per minute UK, 2023

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »