Paola Giardina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:04
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 14, 2022

Hello colleagues,
I´ve started a project using Trados Studio 2017 yesterday (and created a new TM); and I've just realized the customer asked me to work always with an Anonymous user (for example: User_1234) for Studio TM.
Is there any possibility to edit this in the TM properties with which I am already working?
(I has my name)
Or what should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:04
English to Russian
Export to TMX Feb 14, 2022

You can export your TM to a tmx file, open it with Notepad and autoreplace all instances of "YourID" with "User_1234".* Then create a blank TM and import that tmx as edited.

*If you have a long and unique ID, you may omit the quotation marks. However, if you have a short ID, make sure to include the quotation marks. For example, my ID is SK. If I autoreplace SK everywhere, it may change disk to diUser_1234. To prevent that, use quotation marks.

[Edited at
... See more
You can export your TM to a tmx file, open it with Notepad and autoreplace all instances of "YourID" with "User_1234".* Then create a blank TM and import that tmx as edited.

*If you have a long and unique ID, you may omit the quotation marks. However, if you have a short ID, make sure to include the quotation marks. For example, my ID is SK. If I autoreplace SK everywhere, it may change disk to diUser_1234. To prevent that, use quotation marks.

[Edited at 2022-02-14 20:20 GMT]
Collapse

Sonia Cunha-Goldner
Sonia Cunha-Goldner
United States
Local time: 15:04
English to Portuguese
Change User - Trados 2019 and 2021 Feb 14, 2022

I don´t know if it will work with your 2017, but I did the following: click 2x on your name that appears on the bottom of the screen and edit your Username. The only problem is that it will not be changed on the segments already translated.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:04
English to Russian
Could you please elaborate on this? Feb 14, 2022

Sonia Cunha-Goldner wrote:
on the bottom of the screen
Which screen?

Paola Giardina
Paola Giardina  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:04
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was afraid of doing something wrong Feb 16, 2022

Hello, thanks a lot for your replies, but I am not very good at technical issues. I supposed this could be modified more easily... and I was not able to change user following your recommendations. I also tried to create a new TM, but I was not able to create it with another user name (it always appears mine). I fear I could lost or alter my Trados package if I modify anything at this stage, and I have a delivery tomorrow.
Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change user in TM properties

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »