Thread poster: Barbara Sisko
Barbara Sisko
Barbara Sisko
Croatia
Local time: 17:02
German to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2022

Hi guys! I recently got offered by an agency to translate a text using their sdl trados app with their login data via remote desktop (because I work with Mac and it seems to be the only way to connect to their server). After a lot of struggle I finally managed to download the remote desktop and their desktop app, but then it says I have to enter my "user account". Are the username and password sth I should get from the agency? I have tried every possible user name and password I have and nothing... See more
Hi guys! I recently got offered by an agency to translate a text using their sdl trados app with their login data via remote desktop (because I work with Mac and it seems to be the only way to connect to their server). After a lot of struggle I finally managed to download the remote desktop and their desktop app, but then it says I have to enter my "user account". Are the username and password sth I should get from the agency? I have tried every possible user name and password I have and nothing seems to be working....
I would be really grateful for your help. Thanks.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:02
English to Russian
Ask your client Feb 19, 2022

Basically when you buy an RWS product, you sign up with their system by providing your email and setting a password. Then you use those email and password to login. This is how it works with individuals. When I was an in-house translator in a company of 50+ translators, we had a single "point of contact" who kept the credentials. I used them to set up and activate Trados for my team mates and to download apps from the App Store. This is how it works with companies. In your case, I think you shou... See more
Basically when you buy an RWS product, you sign up with their system by providing your email and setting a password. Then you use those email and password to login. This is how it works with individuals. When I was an in-house translator in a company of 50+ translators, we had a single "point of contact" who kept the credentials. I used them to set up and activate Trados for my team mates and to download apps from the App Store. This is how it works with companies. In your case, I think you should ask your agency for credentials. They bought the product which means they have a registration entry with the RWS system. Most probably, they use concurrent licenses.Collapse

Roy Oestensen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

remote desktop user account details

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »