Thread poster: Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
Local time: 19:11
French to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2022

Hello everyone, and sorry if this has already been requested. I've already consulted the forum but only found this question pertaining to an earlier version of Trados.
I'm struggling to include the comments in the project for some rather long PPT files. I went into the filetypes under the project settings but I can't see any options for including or excluding the comments on PPT... Am I on the right track? Please help if you can, thanks!

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update: the mystery continues Feb 24, 2022

Hello again,

I've had a few hours to tinker around, and I found a path other than the main settings menu (and forgive me if I am getting some of the terms wrong, since I use the software in French).

So I right-click on the name of the file, choose Batch tasks and then verify the files. From there I go to File types and click on PPT in the list to the left, and when I develop the list I see something called Common (at least in French) where I can finally see how to sele
... See more
Hello again,

I've had a few hours to tinker around, and I found a path other than the main settings menu (and forgive me if I am getting some of the terms wrong, since I use the software in French).

So I right-click on the name of the file, choose Batch tasks and then verify the files. From there I go to File types and click on PPT in the list to the left, and when I develop the list I see something called Common (at least in French) where I can finally see how to select the comments and other optional parts of the text.

However, despite this action, nothing changes in my wordcount. I have tried reloading the files but still no dice. I'm going to try starting the project over... Will keep you posted.
Collapse

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I had to start a new project Feb 24, 2022

Okay, so I found my solution. I had to create a whole new project instead of piling files into a previous project (which I often do as a shortcut).

No need for further guidance, but I'll leave this post up in case someone else is having the same problem.

Bye!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:11
English to Russian
Need to re-create sdlxliff Feb 24, 2022

Veronica Coquard wrote:
I had to create a whole new project
If you apply changes to files that have already been prepared, then you need to prepare those files again. During the preparation phase, Trados generates a pair of sdlxliff files from your source file. You have to re-generate the sdlxliff files previously generated before you applied your changes. This is exactly why you could achieve the desired result only after you created a new project. When you create a new project, you run the 'Preparation' task with the updated settings. If you don't want to create a new project, you can simply switch to source in Trados and remove the source sdlxliff file(s) from there (this action will also remove the target sdlxliff files too), then you add the source file(s) again and run the 'Prepare without project TM' batch task.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017: include PPT comments section for wordcount

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »