Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:28
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 7, 2022

Hi,
I am wondering if there is a way to filter so I can see only segments that do not match what is in the translation memory, please?

Thanks in advance!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:28
English to Russian
^$ Apr 7, 2022

Assuming that you have run the 'Prepare without project TM' batch task, the segments that do not match anything in your translation memory are blank segments. If so, you can use a regex for that. Open the Advanced display filter, select the 'Content' tab, type ^$ in the target field, check the 'Regular Expression' box, press Enter.

[Edited at 2022-04-07 20:25 GMT]

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
Non-matching segments Apr 8, 2022

In addition to what Stepan answered: Do you mean segments that no longer match because the TM has been changed in the meantime? In which case, Translate to Fuzzy should find such segments.

Ditte Duclert
Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your thoughts Apr 8, 2022

No, the problem was that I was proofreading my translation, but Studio 2021 was crashing on me a lot, and sometimes it would unmark the Update field in the Project Settings of the translation memory. So I would reopen Trados, continue where I had left, proofreading, making a few changes here and there - and then I realised that it wasn't updating my TM anymore.

I ended up swapping to Studio 2019 - which I prefer over 2021 in general.

I managed in the end, but would hav
... See more
No, the problem was that I was proofreading my translation, but Studio 2021 was crashing on me a lot, and sometimes it would unmark the Update field in the Project Settings of the translation memory. So I would reopen Trados, continue where I had left, proofreading, making a few changes here and there - and then I realised that it wasn't updating my TM anymore.

I ended up swapping to Studio 2019 - which I prefer over 2021 in general.

I managed in the end, but would have saved a lot of time if I had been able to filter by segments that don't match the TM, to make sure they were all ok.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
Update TM Apr 8, 2022

Something similar also happened to me. You could have imported the XLIFF document into the TM (possibly setting appropriate filters).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filter segments that don't match TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »