Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Switching from SDL World Server to a different system / Is XTM Cloud really that bad?
Thread poster: Stefan Leiner
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:37
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Mervyn May 28, 2021

Hi! For the record, I didn’t work at the Berlaymont, but two streets away at the Belliard in the so-called “Quartier européen”.

european-economic-and-social-committee

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Rue Belliard May 28, 2021

I know that, Teresa. It was merely a cunning and vastly effective ploy to draw you out into the open again. Now, about that CV ... should I send it again?

[Edited at 2021-05-28 10:04 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:37
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, Mervyn May 28, 2021

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

I know that, Teresa. It was merely a cunning and vastly effective ploy to draw you out into the open again. Now, about that CV ... should I send it again?

[Edited at 2021-05-28 10:04 GMT]

The very day you'll be able to translate PT-EN. Please start learning Portuguese ASAP...

Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis

Katrin Braams
Katrin Braams  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:37
Member (2018)
English to German
+ ...
It is a real nuisance May 28, 2021

There is a dedicated thread about XTM, I guess you have read it.

I do a minimum of 10k in XTM every month and have had to make peace with it. But it is by far my least preferred CAT tool. And with every update there seems to be a new bug. Currently the find feature is not working properly, it finds only about 50% of any given word. This is a total disaster when you have a 5000 word file and need to find a specific word.
A tool I find very easy and intuitive is Memsource (the d
... See more
There is a dedicated thread about XTM, I guess you have read it.

I do a minimum of 10k in XTM every month and have had to make peace with it. But it is by far my least preferred CAT tool. And with every update there seems to be a new bug. Currently the find feature is not working properly, it finds only about 50% of any given word. This is a total disaster when you have a 5000 word file and need to find a specific word.
A tool I find very easy and intuitive is Memsource (the desktop version, the online tool is extremely slow). It is a real pleasure to work with. I don’t know what it looks like on the PM side, but for translators it is extremely easy to handle.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
P.L.F. Persio

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Switching from SDL World Server to a different system / Is XTM Cloud really that bad?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »