mentos1
mentos1  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:44
Member (2013)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2013

Does anyone know any good Japanese>Eng dictionaries particularly for science and medical fields? I am looking for a good one for fluid dynamics. Online or digital are preferred, but if I have to buy a book I will! If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thanks!

Matt

By does anyone know if the this online service includes the same terms
... See more
Does anyone know any good Japanese>Eng dictionaries particularly for science and medical fields? I am looking for a good one for fluid dynamics. Online or digital are preferred, but if I have to buy a book I will! If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thanks!

Matt

By does anyone know if the this online service includes the same terms found in the GG green goddess?

https://kod.kenkyusha.co.jp/service/member/entry/

[Edited at 2013-03-23 15:04 GMT]
Collapse

Roderick Anderson
Roderick Anderson  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:44
Japanese to English
+ ...
Kinokuniya Mar 23, 2013

If you're in Japan, try the Kinokuniya bookstores. They have loads of dictionaries for specialized technical fields.

[Edited at 2013-03-24 02:03 GMT]

Nathan Takase
Nathan Takase  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:44
Japanese to English
+ ...
Google to the rescue! Mar 24, 2013

I don't know whether they are good or not, but a quick search brought these up:

理工系英和辞書 (free)

日外科学技術45万語対訳�
... See more
I don't know whether they are good or not, but a quick search brought these up:

理工系英和辞書 (free)

日外科学技術45万語対訳辞典 英和・和英
For PC (currently 50% off) | For iPhone

And while not a dictionary, this book might be useful (includes an index which could be used somewhat like a dictionary):
流体力学 (英和対照「工学基礎テキスト」シリーズ)

As for the link you posted, it very clearly explains what dictionaries are included with each level of membership.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese Dictionaries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »